Area leaders working with low-income people have concurred that the Gift of Fitness program is needed.
Organizations we are working with include the following:
- The University of Illinois Extension, Lake and McHenry Counties, will be partnering with us to provide nutrition education.
- The McHenry County Community Foundation was acting as fiscal sponsor for Gift of Fitness while we waited 501(c)3 nonprofit designation from the IRS.
- The Grant Township Supervisor’s office is publicizing the Gift of Fitness program by distributing flyers at their food pantry.
- The C.O.O.L food pantry in Ingleside has agreed to publicize the Gift of Fitness program.
- The Law Project, a part of the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, has been providing Gift of Fitness with pro bono legal assistance.
- Venus Fitness in Fox Lake is hosting all fitness and nutrition classes as part of the Gift of Fitness program.
We are seeking to collaborate with local healthcare professionals in order to provide free blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and chiropractic screenings.
We are also continuing to seek partnerships with other local social service agencies, government entities and businesses.